Norway’s only TV-distributor providing digital TV and HDTV by means of an ordinary antenna.
Norway’s digital terrestrial TV network (DTT) is among the world’s largest in terms of its number of transmitters. Our network consists of a total of 450 ground-based transmitters. These masts scattered throughout the country transmit tv signals through the atmosphere which may be received merely by means of an ordinary antenna. By comparison, the Danish terrestrial TV network consists of less than 20 transmitters.
Covers the entire country
Our digital terrestrial TV network reaches 98 percent of Norwegian households and 90 percent of all leasure homes scattered throughout this elongated country.
The capacity of the DTT network is being utilized jointly by RiksTV and Norway’s state-owned broadcasting company NRK. All subscribers automatically receive NRK’s entire menu of radio and tv channels for free, while the remaining channels requires the program packages from RiksTV.
|The company’s name||RiksTV AS|
|Founded||17th November 2005|
|Registration number||889 099 682|
|Number of employees||about 60|
|Head Office||Oslo, Norway|
Milestones in the history of RiksTV
- Launching ten new channels: CNN, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, FATSTONE, SVT2, TV4, DR1, DR2, danish TV 2, for both the RiksTV-app and via internet-connected SMART-boks.
Moving Matkanalen, MTV, BBC Earth, Nickelodeon and Nick jr from Underholdningsportalen to the channel-list.
Launches Eurosport Norge.
RiksTV-appen supports AirPlay (iOS).
Launching RiksTV Junior-app for iPhone.
- Live TV delivered from RiksTV on Norwegians flights in Europe
Launches Start forfra
Launches SMART-boks II (the next generation receiver)
- Launches RiksTV Junior, Barnas SF Favoritter, RiksTV-app and NRK-nett-TV
Launches C More Play and C More Film
- Launches BBC LifeStyle, BBC Knowledge, TV6 and History
- Launches Favorites - Compose your own menu. Launches Extra
- New 3-dimentional logo. The first distributor to offer Fox Crime.
- Capacity nearly doubles during the course of the summer. Launches successful Multiroom-service and Video On Demand push-service.
- The number of RiksTV subscribers passes 400 000 on 1st June. RiksTV launches Free Choice on 2nd November, the freedom to pick which and how many channels you want.
- The first section of the digital ground network is turned on in the county of Rogaland on 1st September.
- The license is awarded to NTV (NRK, TV2, Telenor)
- The license to establish and run a digital ground network is advertised.
- The Government submits a second White Paper in which the conditions for shutting down the analogue network are spelled out.
- The Government submits a White Paper to the parliament on the subject of a DTT-network.
- First political initiative taken to establish a digital ground network.
RiksTV call center tel. 09595
Open 365 days a year.
Mon-Fri 08:00 – 22:00, Sat, Sun and holidays 10:00 – 20:00.